Monday, May 17, 2010

(Gnome Wars) Game Prep

As a bit a therapy, I set up some gnome on our banquet tables, and over the last week, I've added a little more here and there. After finally bringing my new Sikh unit and Gnomenator Tank into the garage, I formerly set up the board for the Battle of the Fort in the Teutonburg Forest. Pictures forthcoming, but I've played through two full turns and some "tweaking" already needs to be done for our actual campaign game:

  • The column will still get first play first turn, but they'll be set-up further onto the board.
  • The Schneider Tank on the German side allows an awesome kill zone if set up properly.
  • The Gnomenator Tank should be set up behind the advancing Sikhs.
  • I've got to find a balance for a German cannon, and perhaps an Allied Mortar.

Over the next few nights, I'll a few more turns and see if the Allied forces can punch a hole through some questionable German defenses, and what happens when things get tweaked again for campaign-specific rules (new alliances, truck, and tank issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment