Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chaosium announces the stars are right for a website upgrade

I normally receive email updates from Chaosium, and usually it's just new releases, upcoming products, and when the company is vacationing in the Dreamlands.  This one brought up three important pieces of info (at least to me.)

  1. The Chaosium website will be undergoing upgrades throughout the month of May. This was more of a simple warning of potential service outages than anything else. I've liked the website for quite some time and hope it's nothing too drastic.
  2. They have reduced the prices on their pdfs for out-of-print books.  It looks like a 10-15% decrease, so, in my opinion, they are finally priced correctly. Digital copies should not be that close to the print copy price.  If the prices are too close, I always go with  the dead tree version.
  3. I may have missed this at the bottom of previous updates, but it looks as if they are offering free shipping for domestic orders over $60.   My one gripe with Chaosium was that their shipping was outrageous for Parcel Post to the East Coast.  Perhaps I'm spoiled from East Coast shipping all of the time, but this will allow me to order things direct instead of using an intermediary like rpgshop.com.  

1 comment:

  1. That third bullet is awesome news. I remember one year when they were having a sale. I picked out a couple things and went to check out. The products were cheap, but the shipping was upwards of thirty dollars.

    ReplyDelete