Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stuff My Wife Says

Let me just say, even without all my wargaming stuff, we have a LOT of crap in our house.  Combining my apartment with my wife's, then throw in all the wedding stuff, then move in with our mother-in-law to help her out, then add two kids.... it's a bloody disaster.   Perhaps my dozen or so days out of the year where I leave paints or figures out overnight is enough to make my wife delirious.

Our conversation this past week:

"Why do you have so much stuff?"

"Huh?"

"In your closet.  Why don't you just say 'Hey, there's a building over there,'  instead of having a big bulky one that takes up space?  And instead of figures, how about you guys just imagine they're going into that building?"

"Yes, sweetie.  I do.  It's called Dungeons & Dragons."

One day, she may find an interest in what I do  Perhaps it's after the Channing Tatums, Adam Levines, and Vin Diesels of the world get too old and there's no replacement, but it could happen.

Who am I kidding!  It's time for some Spring house cleaning, so I don't get anymore gaming critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment