Sunday, April 21, 2013

(Poll). What to run at Mepacon XXV ?

Alright, the theme for Mepacon XXV this November is Pirates! Due to my probable work schedule, I will eschew Fall-In! for a full day trip back to the northern reaches of Scranton.

Of course, I would love to run a theme game, but which one?

Hackmaster 4th - Revenge of the Burning Trogs: I have resigned myself that the Trogs are never getting back together. I may be able to live vicariously through them if I continued their revenge through convention events. The slavers of Roark hire pirates, don't they? My last HM game had 8+ players.

Gnome Wars: I only own a few pirates, so I don't know what I'll run. Perhaps some skirmish level WWI fighting invlolving Rommel? Last game only got two players.

Contemptible Little Armies - The Pirates of Pago Pago: While I don't want to run my Second Samoan Civil War games until Cold Wars, a timetable to get some painting/terrain/buildings done would be nice, as well as more practice with the rules. This would be a simple raid of US/Allied native forces vs a pirate camp. Historicals don't traditionally fare well at the con and this is the first time with this system.

Mouse Guard: Perhaps my most ambitious idea, is working up a sea game for Mouse Guard. First time at the con.

Hackmaster 4th/D&D: the Lost City - Sand Pirates! Take my reverse dungeon concept for module B4 and let them try to fight off the invading forces... Of the Master! Again, the last HM game with 8+ players was a Lost City game.

Of course, I could run a game with my auction finds last weekend, OGRE-thulhu vs college recruitment manuals vs Illuminati Bavarian Fire Drill (in German) using Fantasy Wargaming by Bruce Galloway.

Maybe I'll just stick with pirates.

Thanks to some Facebook private messages, I found the Blogger poll to be on the fritz.  Please place your votes below in the comments.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment