Monday, March 7, 2016

(Kickstarter) Judges Guild Deluxe Collector Edition

I'll admit that I threw in a buck for the City-State of the Invincible Overlord Kickstarter, just so I could watch the chaos from the sidelines.  Unfortunately for Judges Guild and the backers, my worst fears on the project have been realized.

When I initially saw Judges Guild Deluxe Collector Edition on Kickstarter, I feared the worst for a second time.  But then I noticed who was actually running the campaign:  Goodman Games.

It looks like Goodman will be accomplishing the following goals with this Kickstarter:

  • This Kickstarter funds the scanning, digital restoration, and print publication of classic Judges Guild RPG supplements.
  • Our goal is to create two products. The first is the oversized 13"x18" hardcover Judges Guild Deluxe Collector's Edition. This huge compilation contains Tegel Manor, Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor, Citadel of Fire, five issues of the Judges Guild Journal, and additional articles and new game material.
  • The second product is a series of four 8.5"x11" reprints of classic JG modules. We are calling these the tabletop editions. There is a tabletop edition reprinting each of these products: Tegel Manor, Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor, Citadel of Fire, and Dark Tower.
  • The project is about 90% complete as of now. All scanning, art, and editing is complete, and a rough layout is complete.


  • Still only pledging a dollar towards this one, but with multiple Kickstarters going on this month (and a few that appear not to make their goals), I'll hold off before snagging up a pretty copy of Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor with the original stats.

    I'm also a little confused as to the 13" x 18" dimensions of the deluxe edition, but with the weird size of the Judges Guild Journal and the fact that 176 people (plus me) already signed up might make that point moot.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment