Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Outstanding Kickstarters

Around my birthday, I received a pseudo-gift of my Reaper Bones 4 Kickstarter pledge.

Despite some dreams to the opposite, it never was a great pile of swag.
  • Frost Giant Raiders (simply phenomenal sculpts!)
  • Rocky the Red (in his five poses)
  • Hill Giants
  • Villagers (only for the pig pulling the cart)
If I regret not picking up any other figures in the campaign, it might be the Fire Giant Huntsman, but that's about it. 

Finally clicking the "Got it!" box on my backed projects page, it's time to see what else is pending (and how late it is....)


Reward: Just the pdf of the rules.   
Expected Delivery: August 2018 (9 months late).  
I keep confusing this one with Noir World, a PbtA game that's almost two years late with little progress in sight.  In fact, Flying Circus has continually shown progress, albeit slow.  The latest update this month still has the designers in a playtest beta, but I have read through a copy provided to backers.  It's less of what I thought the game would be when I first pledged, but I assume that's my skewed interpretation.

Reward:  Planetary Control Force #2 (and the two figures from Forgotten Heroes
Expected Delivery:  June 2019 (with admitted delays forthcoming) July 2019 for Forgotten Heroes.
Pretty good communication here, with some warnings a little while ago that delivery would be delayed... probably a weeks at this point.  I got a little worried when the smaller Kickstarter was launched before any word on production, much less fulfillment of the first.  I'm slightly more concerned that they've just launched another Kickstarter for large scale mythical monsters with still no solid dates regarding a target for the production/fulfillment.  However, as I compiled this post, their Facebook page posted pictures of finished figures from the second Kickstarter.  We shall see....

Reward: Car Wars Package + Seven Pocket Games of My Choice
Expected Delivery:  October 2019
Car Wars, OGRE, Illuminati... I've already got a spot carved out in a drawer for all of them.  Thinking my 46th Birthday will be a Old Timey Steve Jackson-palooza!

Reward: Zine + pdf
Expected Delivery: June 2019
Just about done, I expect it to be ever-so-slightly late.  


Reward: Book & PDF
Expected Delivery:  November 2019
I believe this was just sent to the printers, so Travis Hanson has another well-run campaign under his belt.

Reward: Bag of Bags and two empty Pocket Boxes
Expected Delivery:  October 2019

Reward: Base set of figures
Expected Delivery: January 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment