Monday, September 16, 2019

No Game Tonight

It's not often I get to use these memes....
For once, everyone knows ahead of time that the Monday night game is cancelled.  But I won't be drinking, after an early commute to travel to corporate, I have triple the drive back to the home office, only to run home, slap on a hockey sweater and drive to State College with the family for the Penguins-Sabres pre-season game tonight. 

I'm sure we're all going to be rays of sunshine tonight.

Lots of garage cleaning this weekend, so no games.  I am happy to admit that after twenty-seven and a half years, the "actual play" of my high school AD&D game is written up and scheduled to to posted along with the usual "Lost Dispatches" sometime next month. 

That doesn't mean it's the last episode regarding the Talanth Blackash (through the stylistic writings of Sir Elsderth Greyhawk).  I'll be posting stats and equipment in later posts, which brings up the amusing thing of the process.  Since I haven't got any of the character sheets after 27 years, I spend a good portion of last night reviewing the adventures to make sure they earned enough xp to end up the levels I remember them at.  Good times, but Im just old school enough that I consider this fun. 

I also have to admit that, while Lotus 1-2-3 on a giant desktop might not be fun when this originally happened, using the spreadsheet on Google Docs made this process way too easy.

And as I finish this up and leave for work, Marco Pecota at Raybox Games just gave me the Dropbox link to start playtesting the 2nd Edition of Legions of Steel.

I might leave that fun for after the hockey game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment