Tuesday, February 4, 2020

(Kickstarter) Planet 28 - Simple Sci-Fi Skirmish Rules

While it's not the best time of the year for me, Kickstarter warms my heart with another wave of ZineQuest in their Tabletop Gaming section.  I snagged up a couple different zines in the last wave, and although Girl Underground was the only one I liked, I don't mind spending a couple of dollars to support someone's project. 

ZineQuest must have started during my self-imposed break from blogging over the weekend and there are tons of selections, but the first one to catch my eye and my pledge was  Planet 28 a micro-ruleset for sci-fi skirmish gaming.

The pro's of the zine, from the words of the creator:

  • Build a warband of unique characters using simple and fast character creation rules.
  • outfit your characters with a range of weapons, abilities and gear.
  • .play brutal and fast battles using simple and intuitive rules.
  • .upgrade your warband with character progression rules.
The cons?
  • It's some random dude's game design.  It might be trash, but for roughly $13US, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment