Sunday, June 9, 2024

Magic Cards Worth More Than Tibanna Gas

 So, I'm getting a new job.  It's in a different industry, but I will be doing a lot of the same day to day operations.  

The biggest concern is that I have exactly a month before I start, and money's going to be uncomfortably tight, so I made the decision to sell off some of my remaining vintage Magic cards.  

A lot of local stores my way won't even talk cash unless its ridiculously expensive, so I took some time out of my afternoon to venture down to Cloud City Games' newest location outside of Stroudsburg in the Stroud Mall.

Everyone was extremely nice, extremely professional, and I have a significant wad of cash on hand now.  Funny thing, not only did they pay me more than I had expected, they didn't even take the two most expensive cards I had brought in.  

My excess Treefolk collection was much appreciated by the store.
The old treefolk deck that hasn't seen the light of day is a little less Alpha/Beta, my Ifh-Biff is gone, and the Singing Tree never sang a note in a game, but I'm in a better place.  I've also discovered that most of what I have picked up on this most recent foray back into the game is sufficient for fun play, but otherwise utterly worthless.  We're talking pennies (or at least dimes) for rares. 

I think I'll take some of the leftover big stuff and see if one of the local shops is interested in consignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment