Small podcast rant before I get to Mirke the Meek.
My podcast listening has dwindled down to nearly nothing. My weekend drives to take care of my mother is always accompanied by Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff, where even the rare sub-par episode would still qualify them for an Ennie. I, for one, loved the tight 60 minutes confines that have characterized the podcast and now play it at x1.2 times to keep my time constraints.
The Miskatonic University Podcast has been hit or miss for me, and I can't remember when I last finished an episode. Not saying that I can criticize the topics or the hosts, it's just not hitting the same way it used to, and I'm itching to restart some sort of Cthulhu game.
In fact, in the midst of trimming the shrubbery around my mother's place, I was surprised by an episode of the Nerd's RPG Variety Podcast, and pleasantly amused it was going to be about #RPGaDay. While the podcast has been a perennial hit-or-miss for me, the fact that the host, Jason, has been on a indeterminate hiatus, I was excited.
It seems his return was to support his fellow podcaster, Mirke the Meek, for an alternative to #RPGaDay that might fit some folks predilections rather than the daily prompts.
The questions are relatively simple, and six separate areas to apply them:
(1.) What's your favorite ruleset for the genre and why?(2.) What's this genre's best/most-fun module/adventure?
(3.) What are your favorite media (books, movies, comics, music, etc....) that best fits the genre?
And the areas of discussion:
D&D as a Genre
It's pretty basic, and I'll admit, my excitement is just reaffirming my bias. Since the 10th Anniversary of #RPGaDay, I've mildly campaigned for the return of the basic "Year One" questions that the early years covered. Stumped on a prompt this year, feel free to call in on the Speakpipe link, or just use the topic for your own purposes.
No comments:
Post a Comment