Friday, August 3, 2012

Warhammer Undead Wolf

My daughter Maja is painting a birdhouse, so that finally gives me a chance to dust off the paints and start something.  Today is a pack of Warhammer Undead Wolves.

Correction: Undead Wolf, singular (bold).  Each wolf is on a separate sprue, containing two body parts, as well as the tail, and head.  The pack also comes with two separate metal heads, one a regular wolf head, the other, I'm assuming is the far more vicious undead wolf head.  Somewhere between assembly/priming many moons ago, and pulling it out of the to do box, the flimsy tail fell off one of the wolves.  I practiced the paint scheme on that one, until such time that I can dig around the box for the tail.
The Wolves after assembly, but before the one on the right  lost its tail


But here is the first of the Gnome Wizard's wolves, and not a happy one, I might add.

Pic might be presented a bit nicer, but the green felt is covering up Houdini the Wonder Cat.  She refused to move away, and didn't  mind that I put a blanket on her to keep her out of the shot.

Now if I can only find that tail...

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, and the Gnomie doesn't look at all flustered !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint job, Eric. I really like the effect of the different colors blended around the face and head.

    BTW,Houdini makes a great "rolling" hill. Maybe you can run a CoC/Gnome Wars scenario, "The Hills are Alive!"

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an unused shot that had Houdini emerging over said hill. Needless to say the wolf was the least of the gnome's problems at that point.

    ReplyDelete