Friday, May 3, 2013

"New" Pictures of Samoa 1899

A moment of panic today.  When checking out www.historicon.org  I uncovered the PEL had been posted.  Scouring for Gnome Wars, I discovered one glaring omission: my own game!!!  After a moment of panic, I realized that despite nothing appearing on the laptop, the mobile version of the website still had the link to the PEL from last year's con.  Crisis and angry emails avoided.

So, the acquisition of an iPad has already paid for itself as it facilitated some late night searches with some new pics regarding Samoa!

The Power House Museum has an interesting collection of photos which further complicate my plans for the Second Samoan Civil War.


Royalists with a wild variety of clothing patterns.



Royalists Marching out of Apia, shirtless



Royalists Mustering for Drill outside of Apia



US Marines at the Consulate, wearing their much maligned British Sun Helmet








Royalists Wearing Shirts in Training




Downtown Apia

Mata'afa's Rebels and their Defenses.
So I will be adding grass huts, defensive fortifications, and an extra machine gun or two to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment