Monday, May 27, 2013

Three Day Recap

Yeah, yeah, Happy Memorial Day and all that.  I am not going into BBQ overload  nor am I taking the time to go out of my way to attend some solemn ceremony.  To me it's simply a mandatory holiday off at work at a time where it's the last thing I need to get my projects done.  Christ, I haven't even gotten the flag out this year.    


Don't like it? Comment away, send me cooking products that are never on a bridal registry, I don't care.  

Actually, I didn't get the flag out until the week before Flag Day last year, so everything is normal.  

Saturday was a grand day, as I got my Foundry order from England, in addition to some cheap generic eBay minis. To justify the $8.00 international shipping for three pots of paint, I threw on a pack of WW1 British Naval Reserve Infantry.  
 
I don't know that they're historically accurate for Samoa, but I see them as extremely utilitarian troop type for any future Colonial escapade.

The South American flesh tone is such an odd shade I can see why other suggestions involved mixing three or four paints together.  Of course, I put base coats on about ten of my future Samoans until I realized I was painting with the South American <i>Light</i> used for highlighting.  Oh we'll, a few of them may have lived sheltered lives in Europe as children after the First Samoan Civil War. 

No comments:

Post a Comment