Monday, May 16, 2016

(Kickstarter) Age of Cthulhu 9: The Lost Expedition

Goodman Games has launched another Kickstarter for its Age of Cthulhu line for Call of Cthulhu:  Age of Cthulhu 9: The Lost Expedition. by Jon Hook.


Like it's previous AoC Kickstarter, this one will be a hardcover, with a pdf copy available.  All previous AoC books are available to add-on in hardcopy or pdf form.

I'm grabbing the $9 pdf, as the $25 harcover ($31 with shipping) of a single adventure/campaign just doesn't seem worth it. 

I pledged for the hardcover for Age of Cthulhu 8: Starfall Over the Plateau of Leng, also written by Mr Hook, and I was underwhelmed.  I'd like to think that I share Hook's sensibilities as a Keeper, but like many of AoC books, I just feel uninspired reading it. 

One thing I did feel inspired by was his Transatlantic Terror scenario, which was a stretch goal for Starfall.  That will be added to a CoC session shortly (and should be added to your pdf collection for only $4 on this Kickstarter).  And since I'm stuck on Arthur Conan Doyle and other turn of the century pulp stories The Lost Expedition looks to be right in my wheelhouse.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment