Monday, October 30, 2017

These Kids and Their Technology!

So, my daughters are pretty close to crisis addiction level when it comes to scouring Youtube looking for blindbag videos.  In gamer-speak, a blindbag is the equivalent to opening up Heroclix singles on video, only for kids they're opening up a wide variety of collectibes from a wide-range of brands.

If you know what a Shopkin was for the last three years, you know what a blind bag is.

However, this whole concept isn't just relegated to kids toys.  There are plenty of videos where gamers crack open new product for the world to see.  And, of course, there are people ripping open packs of Beta Magic: The Gathering cards, only to find a Purelace as the rare.

With Millie (GnomeGirl #2) at a karate party *shudder*, I took a few moments with Maja (GnomeGirl#1) and we finally opened up the My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria - Curse of the Statuettes Boxed Set that I ordered on Amazon a few weeks ago.

First take, no editiing, no scripting, and some whining and gnashing of teeth and it's on Youtube.

I'm keeping my day job, and I'm certainly not advancing into the realm of professional vlogging any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment