Friday, June 15, 2018

(Painting) A Fun Guy Around Mushrooms and a Twister, Heyna!

School is officially out, Summer is in full swing, the grass is growing like a weed, yet I've made progress downstairs at the painting bench.  Minis are getting sorted, tables cleared, and the lingering remains from the flooded basement getting chucked in the trash.  

Paint is getting applied to figures, primer sprayed on new projects, but only the random items I based and flocked to get off the table can be considered "completed."

Dug out a pack of mushrooms I got on clearance at Michael's awhile back.  
Of course, I didn't find anymore when I went there with the kids on Wednesday night.  A lot of new gnomes and buildings which are just a hair out of scale for Gnome Wars.  Once I get a childless trip, I'll see what I can find, but that will be awhile.

The shopping center made national news a few hours later:
Photo from Nanticoke Fire Department
The picture above is all that's left of the Dick's Sporting Goods that is next door to the Michael's.  You may have seen the pictures of the Panera Bread and U-Haul store devastated by the tornado that touched down in the shopping district after hours.  Luckily, there were only a few minor injuries.

To add levity to any serious situation:  The tornado touched down just passed a local gentleman's club and disappeared after Dick's.  Please construct your own joke.  No-Prizes may be offered.

With a few cancelled meetings at work and some downtime during the 5e online game, I've managed to reorganize and clean up the backlog of dreams, plans, and desires in my blog drafts.  I've complained about this before, my dream schedule is nothing like real life, so planned games/projects get pushed back until everything is compacted in a short timeframe and things just get pushed back even further.  It's like an accordion, going back and forth, until I need to retune it completely to 1-3 topics each week.  June and July seem reasonable and with the anticipated RPGaDay, my Summer appears book solid.

And remember how I mentioned on Monday that Lost Dispatches, the next RPG Actual Play, was slowly getting developed?  Let's change that to the first five episodes are outlined, two are  already in rough drafts, and I'm awaiting details from players for a little more continuity.

Next: The infernal Schtuztruppe.  The devil is in the details, and Bob Murch has plenty of small, but clean details I want to show off.  Another laser-cut mdf house, and the possibility of the painting this weekend.

And, of course, we all know it's Father's Day Weekend, and this Dad has enough power tools and ties.  Time for gaming....

No comments:

Post a Comment