Saturday, April 13, 2019

Mepacon, Marie Konda, and ViscountEric's Roundabout Way Home

This weekend was Mepacon up in Scranton.  Numerous functions were going to keep me from the con on Saturday, and with my wife and girls away on Friday, I was coerced into dogsitting my own house, before I departed Saturday morning to help my friend Nate (as in Dr Nathaniel Millheim, Parapsychologist from the Call of Cthulhu 1920's campaign) move.

But a small Asian woman intervened, for a bit.

Marie Kondo is a Japanese author and organizing consultant.  I fell into watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo after my family was enraptured by it.   A lot of her ideas about keeping what brings you joy matches up with gaming pretty well, but.... I was due for a mini-purge.

So, after work, I fought traffic up to Scranton and dropped off a giant box of books, accessories, binders, board games, etc, for the convention to auction off for their charity, for the convention itself, for giveaways, whatever they think they can benefit from it.

I now have one empty drawer and half a shelf and a few tweaks from my long term plans. 

Anything Star Wars will now go back to Star Wars d6.  I love the funky dice of FFG's Edge of the Empire game, but for my time and story use, d6 is just more convenient. 

Rifts is dead.  Long live Rifts!   That small collection of Palladium books I've been acquiring inexpensively over the years, with the pipe dream of running a campaign in Savage World Rifts, is now gone.   It was an enjoyable read for research and fluff, but I'm thinking about going in a different direction.  In celebration of that breakthrough, I simply combined all the story ideas post for Savage Rifts into one big post.  Thanks to that, I've solidly broken under the 440 scheduled/draft posts that I've been stuck at all this year. 

With that, I departed Scranton, avoiding the interstates, in search of a new rumored shop in Pittston.

I did a drive-by of Dragon Knight Games, thanks to traffic, a lack of on-street parking, and impending weather conditions. 
Directly from their Facebook page.
The storefront seemed well-lit, clean, but just a bunch of tables.  I'll give them a few weeks before I make a real appearance and write a review.

I also stopped at Tactical Advantage and was pleasantly surprised to see bunch of people gaming, plus inventory on the shelves!  I was so impressed by things that piqued my interest, that I picked a used, but immaculate 2nd Edition PHB and a pack the WizKids pre-primed wild boars.

Finally, I stopped by R-Bar for some crispy Maple and Bacon wings to take home and hang out with the dogs for night.

Onto moving day for Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment