Thursday, January 16, 2020

(Kickstarter) High Colonies RPG by Columbia Games

As a child of all things role-playing in the late 80's I have fond memories of all the cool ads of smaller press games splattered across the pages of Dragon Magazine. 

Over time, I bit the bullet on Talislanta and TWERPS.  Game like Reich Start and High Colonies I gave a pass to. 

Now I have a hint of nostalgic remorse with the launch of a pdf-only Kickstarter for the relaunch of High Colonies, this time by Columbia Games, the makers of Harnworld.

High Colonies was a hard sci-fi setting with a ravaged Earth and only space colonies representing the last hopes of humanity.   I assume the folks who run Harn would keep it like that, if not moreso.    The PDF price seems a bit steep, but if it's chock full of material like Harnworld, it's a good investment.  

1 comment:

  1. I actually still have my copy of the original High Colonies. picked it up when it came out. I don't remember anything at all about the system. I do remember spending hours and hours looking over the lists of colonies scattered throughout the system - each with their population and allegiances... Always wanted to run it (though I probably would have used a different system), never did...

    ReplyDelete