Sunday, May 29, 2022

(Kickstarter) Law and Disorder 2 from Die Hard Miniatures

 Die Hard Miniatures has launched Law and Disorder 2 to expand their sci-fi lines.

While I adore their bounty hunter figures, and I can't argue with sculpts by Tim Prow and Kev White, I'm still trying to adhere to my moratorium on UK orders, thanks to shipping costs and expenses.  I also initially flinched at the £30 ($38) for five figures, but with stretch goals alternating between new units and free figures, I may need to bite the bullet 

Those bounty hunters look... familiar.
(Edit:  When Tim Prow responds to my post, I'm happy to edit the post. To clarify, the £30 pledge level for one squad includes any free minis released through stretch goals.  As Tim mentioned in his comment, if all stretch goals are achieved, it's an £87 value!  Each individual squad is available as an £18 add-on per unit... no freebies, but before shipping.  This also a great excuse to recommend visiting Die Hard's website, to see their existing range of sci-fi and fantasy figures.)


2 comments:

  1. If you are not bothered about getting freebies you can pay just £18 a unit by using a lower pledge level, the £30 tier gets you freebies worth a maximum of £87 making it worth that early bump in price. Shipping should also be pretty fair as Diehard have not raised the shipping prices since before Brexit, eating the extra charges to help its customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim, thanks for responding.

    I'll admit two things. (1) I'm a biased American who's used to cheap or under-valued domestic shipping. Shipping from the UK has been a pain point during COVID, especially smaller projects that will not see North American distribution channels. (2) I usually pride myself on the potential for the add-ons in a campaign, but blame long-term COVID, seasonal allergies, monkeypox, or I simply missed the obvious value of the USD $38 pledge level and the great pricing for separate/additional 5-man units.

    ReplyDelete