Friday, May 27, 2022

(Painting) Macho Women with Guns! Americ-Ann and MechNasty

A minor disaster occurred as I finally spent some quality time on the painting bench.  The fluorescents in my workbench lights decided to collectively die.  Without spares, I'm forced to use a single pair (out of 12) and my LED lamps I regularly use.  Painting in the dark might be better for me, anyway.

This week's results are two figures from the terribly fun and non-PC Macho Women with Guns miniature line for the RPG of the same name.  
I've shown a painted Americ-Ann from off the internet over two years ago, when I brought up the line.  Try as I wanted to, the red and white stripes on the sleeves and stockings aren't bad to paint, they just don't look good, so I kept them white.   Otherwise, it's a nice figure to paint.
Americ-Ann MWW-007
I don't own a copy of the game anymore, so I don't immediately get the full inside joke on MechNasty, but it's a completely service robot/droid/power armor figure perfect for my games.    

MechNasty MWW-106
Two more figures finished and into the generic sci-fi case, although I bet five bucks as the girls select figures for their Pulp Alley leagues, somebody's picking Americ-Ann.

Otherwise, an update on Season 4 of Pulp Game.  The main adversary for the premiere episode is finally based (I swear Warlord put bases in their unit boxes, perhaps I'm just hallucinating, or misplacing bases), primed some paint slathered on them, en masse.  To avoid my normal yelling, I'm painting the interior of the figures before adding the missing left arms.
The large and miscellaneous projects tray, from within the shadows of my basement.

PROJECT: 350 -  Two weeks ago we finally went under 450 posts, today, we're back over it, but our  ideas/drafts have dropped to under 300!  The blog is at  451 (297/154) up from 448 (300/148) I've stretched out a few posts them seem to collectively needed to be posted this week, the non-basketball weekends allowed me to drill Star Wars Actual Plays to only five left to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment