Sunday, March 19, 2023

New WotC D&D Survey

 After all the brouhaha over at Wizards of the Coast, they've released another survey for one and all to take:  

WotC Survey Here!

I realize I haven't been their demographic since the late 90's, but it's amazing how much product they have released for 5th Edition... and how I only own four official or licensed products.  

I also realize that 5th Edition is definitely at a glut of stagnant product.  In the last ten years of 5e, they have produced at least 40 HARDCOVERS for rules, supplements or collected adventures.  That's $2,000.  My math might be a little fuzzy, and inflation is a bitch but that's four times the cost of the 2nd Edition core books (using Monstrous Manual rather than the binder), all twenty Complete Handbooks, and all 5 (4?) DM Sourcebooks.   It's not even apples and oranges in comparison, but I know I didn't own most of those books for 2nd Edition, so it makes sense I don't own a large 5e collection, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment