Friday, August 9, 2024

#RPGaDay2024 - Day 9 - Don't Draw Your Heroes - Draw the NPCs?

Day 9 of #RPGaDay2024 and I'm pretty stumped: "An RPG Accessory I'd Like to See"  

Outside of a "Wiki for Dummies" (that probably exists) or an intern to do my dirty work of putting multiple campaigns of full of info onto the internet, I'm always trying to deal with less. 

So let's move onto the alternate prompts provided for the event.

Day 9 - Heroes 

D10 - 10 -  Draw!  

Oh crap.  

Outside of a period as a youngster where I learned to draw basic cartoon/comic faces, and sketched out the entire 1970's era line-up of the New York Knights (the team from the 30's based movie, The Natural) my drawing has been extremely limited.  Heck, I owe my players two maps for my Gamma World game.  Hopefully they won't read the blog and call me out on it.  

My last art was for that same Gamma World campaign.  Meet RHA-9. 

Any resemblance to a robot in a Fisher Stevens comedy is pure coincidence

RHA is living metal that served as a research assistant at RHO Facility in A Dish That Serves No One by Thom Wilson at ThowiGames.  With its penchant for syringes and things one might found in a med-kit, the characters easily confused him with a medic and soon doses of outdated experimental drugs were doled out to characters en masse.  Our earthworm character, Squiggles, patterned in my mind after Earthworm Jim, was soon transformed in an albino worm version of Chewbacca, confusing many of his young children he had just given birth to prior to the mission.  With just enough knowledge of medical and scientific equipment to complicate things, and a power source that could wipe out an entire area if damaged, he may not be the best NPC companion in a post-apocalyptic game.  The group has already narrowly escaped an underground nuclear blast.  A second one seems completely unnecessary.  

While RHA only appeared a few weeks ago in our Tuesday episodes on the blog, specifically, Episode  #35 - "RHA-9 is Mighty Fine", we've completed more than double those sessions, and he's been locked away (safely?) at KIA Academy while the characters are experiencing some outdoor, wintertime adventures.   (Mwa-ah-ah…)

No comments:

Post a Comment