Friday, April 1, 2011

(Gnome Wars) Scottish Golfer sans Mortar

I had a great day of painting figs with my daughter Maja. Now I don't recommend letting a 2-year old paint your "No-nos," but she did a decent basecoat for some packmules I'm still working on. Mind you, one of them is orange, but hey, they are for a Gnome Wars Tanga scenario. When she was fingerpainting, I'm very proud to say she refused to actually use her hands with her fingerpaints and preferred to use a brush to produce her masterpieces.

It's only taken me seven months into "my" year to paint a mini, but here is the Scottish Golf Mortar, without his trusty golf bag and tee:


Tiger Woods y'all...


I also got the flocking down for the boards for the Longido Mountain portion of the Tanga Campaign. Well, sort of. I think I only snagged one insulation board and most of the scenarios will need another sheet or two. Multiple levels on a 6x8 board is a bit labor intensive. I'll probably snag up another sheet tomorrow (thank God they're cheap).


One thing I did discover was that you need A LOT of tan static grass to cover a surface versus green. I hope it all stays put.


This week's project: Painting the edges of the foam board brown, putting together some rock walls, and assemble some trenches with just a piece of 1" x 1/2" wood and some craft sticks, but no dirt berm.

No comments:

Post a Comment