Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pop's Culture Shoppe Moves.... Forward?

It's been a year and a half since I last visited Wellsboro and Pop's Culture Shoppe, but I actively follow them on Facebook.   They are the only store that I've given five out of five Gnomies in a review, and it's a pleasure to see them expand their clientele and offerings with a varied number of events, including "sponsored" trips to other stores to participate in tournaments.  Without speaking to anyone up there, I think it's safe to assume that they've become an established part of the community, a "Place to Be."

Given today's position on the calendar, I have a healthy doubt of skepticism with any news that comes out, but Pop's announced that they had signed the lease for 25 Main St in Wellsboro.  

A little backstory...

When From My Shelf Books moved from their basement store on Main St to the corner property on 25 Main, Pop's took the back third of the storefront (and the side entrance, which is 2 East Ave).

Despite what can only be describe as a number of successful years of business, there has been some shenanigans, hi-jinks, and funny business that has occurred on site, both alleged and proven, that has resulted in the landlord refusing to renew the book store's lease.  I don't know if this means that Pop's will be moving into the front of the property, or taking over the entire property, but it's fantastic sign for Pop's and a great sign for gaming in Tioga County.   

Once our life calms down, I might convince the wife for a day trip with some gaming and a reservation at the Steak House, and maybe a movie at the Arcadia.

For fans of the bookstore, From My Shelf didn't move far.  They're now down the street at 7 East Ave, in the same shopping plaza as the Verizon Wireless store (Which coincidently, I used to manage.) 

The "old" store from www.paroute6.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment