Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prepping for campaign: Heavy weapons and accessories

In my search for heavy machin guns, mortars, cannons, and rocket packs, I stumbled onto new website (too me at least) www.tin-solider.com. Lots of 25/28mm stuff ranging from Colonial Era to WW2. The pictures of the painted fig/vehicles on the website aren't high quality for 25mm, in fact, they are only an adequate paint job for a giant 10 or 15mm game. Still, the machine guns and field artillery are available seperately and are cheap!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a very loyal Brigade Games customer. I just made a small purchase thanks to their "free shipping" promotion through the 1st. I absolutely love Lon's stuff. His kits have minimal parts and are solid pieces at the very worst. It's tough trying to balance out a kit for half the price, but that has three times the pieces. I'll double check Brigade before I think about these new guys. Tin-Soldier.com did have a nice set of mules that will be necessary for the Longido/Tanga Campaign, but I still went with the double the price set of pack mules with removable packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment