Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh Video Games I Curse Thee!

I'm currently at Geisinger Hospital Danville, still in the PICU with my daughter Amelia. I would like to think we've turned the corner with the devil virus cold she caught at two weeks, but until she can go home, my wife and I have been swapping nights staying here while the other goes home and deals with our 2-year old, Maja.

With the upcoming snow, and the fact that I might be here a day or three, I made an executive decision.

I rented Madden.

Well, kind of...

The Children's Hospital has a kiosk where one can rent movies and video games for free. It is convenient that each room has a vcr/dvd combo and a playstation 2. So, I bit the bullet and rented the latest version of Madden in the kiosk.

For 2006.

To make matters worse two separate machines wouldn't read it, so I went back to the kiosk and rented the NEXT option: NFL 2k3, the ESPN version of Madden.

Good news is, except for typing this, I haven't left the room and can follow-up on Amelia's recovery without going stir crazy.

Bad news: The Detroit Lions have always sucked beyond that of any team in professional, college, semi-pro, scholastic, or even sandlot football. I am seriously amazed that the snap isn't fumbled on each play, it's that bad.

Needless to say, I believe I lost interest during game 8 of franchise mode. The college madden curse is broken. Go about living your regular lives again.

If we do get a pile of snow, I may try NHL 2005. Hockey might ease my boredom, less I get hypnotized by the beeps and lines on my daughter's monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment