Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Evolution of the FLGS

I manage a few minutes in between my work demands and those of home and visited the third location of my FLGS in the last year and a half.

Emerald Vale Games is no more.   Long live Evolution Games! 

For a Tuesday night, the place was packed with...twenty-something year old Yu-Gi-Oh! players?  Game play, card trading, and general business was jumping, so I certainly can't judge.  Joe, the owner, now controls three different sections of the first floor of the building:  The deli, the game storefront, and a weird bar-like room that they're converting to a role-playing room.

Stock seems better organized, the junk is hidden away in an office, and outside some Blood Bowl figures that are hidden from the shopkeep's eye, the store has a better flow than before.  

No update from Pop's e-commerce site, so I guess I'll try and re-place my order again. 

The most bonus points I'll give out.  They have signage.  Sure, it's decal window signage only, but it's better than the jazzy/scooter profile that they never took down at location #2.

Evolution Games
7 Lee Park Ave
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I guess an 18 month review of the "new" store is due...

No comments:

Post a Comment