Friday, October 29, 2021

The 2021 Shelfie

Around the start of school, my daughter Maja purchased a new bookcase with her own money.  She has been collecting a manga series at a rapid pace, and a new white bookcase with many smaller shelves fit her room's esthetic better.

Of course, this meant that the old bookcase, one of the heavy fake wood ones from 35 years ago, needed a new home, in the office.  

Now, everything is off the floor, my Hackmaster collection isn't hiding in the corner on another shelf, and hopefully, I can bring in some older books still trapped in boxes in the garage since the mid-Obama administration. 

I've also managed to reorganize the core shelf, with every bound book I'd like to reference in the near future. 

The #Shelfie
Star Wars is a little bit closer to my hand for Monday nights (like I reference the rules often), but I've added four gems.
  1. I don't know when I'll use Harlem Unbound, but it's a fantastic book that deserves a prominent spot in my Cthulhu collection.
  2. My Cthulhu Invictus trio of books, the main rules, the Invictus Companion, and De Horrore Cosmico.  Once face to face at someone's home is finally a thing, I think breaking Roman Cthulhu will shift the gears necessary to get things back to normal.
  3. The Ultimate Micro-RPG Book by James D'Amato, discovered at a Philly-area Barnes & Noble, was a surprise purchase and is chock full of so many fun micro-RPGs, I can't wait to prep a few for our off-sessions... if we have any off sessions in the near future.
  4. Mouse Guard - The book and system call to me.  Don't know how, don't know when, but it's worth multiple looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment