Friday, October 22, 2021

Warming the Hearts and Minds of the Hobby

Two weeks in my usual busy season chaos which is October, I finally ventured down into the basement... to prep the furnace for a quick cold snap.

I still don't anticipate painting anything until after Historicon.  

In a similar vein, with my wife gone for a week, I got a whopping two hours late one night to work on my blogging backload.  I'm happy to say Episode 51 (Recording 659 on my iPhone) is finally complete after a few weeks stop-start transcriptions.   Sure, there are a lot of episodes on my to-do list, but my session from Monday night isn't tasked to be completed until January because (a) there's 6-7 other episodes to write up and (b) even if I got those done, episode 60 "Fashion by Crom-Crom" won't officially post until November 1st, 2022.

On top of everything else, our community rec basketball league's registration is wide open, although someone else forget to post anything about it until I took care of it on Tuesday.  

The Return of El Jeffe: Monday is Star Wars night, and not only did I start the session on time while talking on Skype while driving the girls back from practice.  It was also the rather impromptu return of the one of the original members of the online group, Jeff.  He left before the Summer due to work, and announced his triumphant return (at least until the Christmas shopping season.)  The only problem, his character left the group, and no one knew where he was.  Well *spoilers* he's hiding in a Gungan Tailor's shop on Naboo!  It was as an awkward (and awesome) conversation as you would expect.

Project 350:   Even without painting, it's Friday, so a look at my long-term goal of clearing out my scheduled posts and blog drafts behind the scenes.  Today the totals is at 476 (314/162), down from 482 (312/170) at the top of the month.  Lots of Star Wars Actual plays to write-up (and move over to scheduled status for a year),

No comments:

Post a Comment