Friday, March 4, 2022

(Painting) Recycled Sci-Fi Buildings

It's been two long months of nothing but online gaming and a laundry list of the kid's successes in basketball, something finally came off the painting bench.  Nothing lead, or plastic, or resin, unfortunately.   Rather a significant portion dedicated to the various junk "Hey, I should save that use and use that in a game" overwhelming my table.  

Between Christmas and pandemic Amazon orders, I'm surprised I haven't saved a garage-full of packing materials, but I did finish up two pieces in a classic desert planet sci-fi theme. 


Future pieces (there's one hiding in my car right now) will have add-on doors, windows, and other miscellaneous accessories, but for these few, it was testing out colors and using a broken X-acto knife to carve out the few doors and windows shown.

Heck, it's been so long, I forgot it was The Book of Boba Fett which inspired me to knock these out, even if it took took weeks to start drybrushing.

PROJECT: 350 - Between the #CharacterCreationChallenge and #ZiMo2022, the blog hit at least 50 new posts for both January and February. Four days into March, and it's looking like I can dodge any social media project and go back to normal.

All that craziness aside, I managed to hack away at the backlog of posts, drafts and scheduled, in those 100 new posts. Today's total is 460  (305 drafts /155 scheduled), down substantially from the 475 (311 drafts/164 scheduled) from three weeks ago. 

I did spend some time re-stretching the cool ideas throughout the future, but there's still an impossible pile of games I'd like to play through the AAU pre-season downtime, but I doubt it.  

Next: No Gnome Wars characters, but a piece of terrain to expand the Gnome War universe fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment