Friday, April 22, 2022

(Painting) Hultr Halftrack #3 from Mantic

I still stand by that my Best Minis purchase for my 2020-21 gaming year were four Hultr Halftracks from Mantic at a dirt cheap rate.  Knocking out halftracks #1 and #2  were quick successes for my Gnomish Space Marine project, but with every other project on the bench, I had no immediate need nor desire to finish out the set.   I did discover, however, a cool painting scheme/technique hiding in my drafts/ideas, and moved it up in the queue.  

The entire inspiration for the change in paint scheme came from Tales from the Man Cave's guide to painting a 28mm Puma (and vehicles in general).  
I came upon a snag in the process when I realized I only had a red 0.05 micron marker for the lining.  While it's not perfect,a dollar-store fine tip did most of the line work adequately, with a few minor errors that don't jump out at me. 
I now have four armored vehicles for a (thus far) tiny Gnomish Space Marine force, and that including the local police force I painted up
The fourth and final Hultr is not even in the queue, but it will be the only one with the energy weapon for its turret.  The other energy weapons are being reserved for an even deeper project into the GSM.

PROJECT: 350 -  An ever-so minute change to 456 (302/154) from 457 (303/154).  The holidays always replenish my supply of gnome art, so a few new pieces went into holding, and a few pieces were scheduled for future holidays (First Day of Spring, 2026 will be bitchin'!).  Star Wars Actual Plays continue to worry me.   I finish two and outline one more in the time I add more episodes to the queue.  Currently six behind, but I can finish those up, I might break the 300 drafts/projects for the first time since forever.  Trying desperately to get some games in this weekend, but I've already been forced to "stretch out" the dates to avoid overwhelming anxiety of 15 games I should get done in April.  

On a similar note, as I'm stretching out these drafts, and reorganizing pictures and long-standing projects, I've discovered and implemented the Emojis available.  I started with labelling my potential mousling games with 🧀, and progressed as follows.

📷 -  Photo/jpg/gif

📓 - Writing projects, 

🎲 - Generic Game Ideas

🗿 - Painting Projects and Inspiration

🔱 - Fantasy/Pulp/Gnome Wars Games

👽 - Sci-Fi Games

🧀 - Mousling Games.  

I plan on removing them once the posts are properly written up, but I wouldn't be surprised if a piece of cheese remains in a post subject eventually.

Next:  The Pulp Season 4 Project continues to move along nicely, and the single figures might need to be replenished soon (re: something posted soon as well), but I have a mini-diorama I'm finishing up to tie in this vehicle with current news.  

Edit: I find it incredibly amusing that the "dynamic emojis" offered behind the scenes on the blog turn into emotionless black-and-white sybmols.  The Mousling emoji I used is literally a perfect piece of swiss cheese, not whatever that symbol is.  The dice, trident, and alien as passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment