Sunday, April 3, 2022

Ants in Reaper's Kickstarter Picnic

As things are added to the Reaper Bones 6 Kickstarter, I'm pleasantly surprised to find actual items I want.

Added to the $125 Core Set: Ants!

It's been awhile since I've seen some quality Giant Ant minis that aren't random Dollar Store finds.  I believe the multi-part Giant Ants from Steve Jackson Games was the last one, although, to be honest, these Reaper ants are more medium-sized ones than the SJG ones.

If/When these become available a la carte on the pledge manager, I'd like to pick up a few.  Worst case, this kicks my nostalgic plans.  

Medium/Large/Giant Ants fit my pipe dream revival of my Hackmaster Burning Trogs campaign.  Sure, it would take weeks, if not months to exact the proper revenge on the Slavers of Roark that strikes them as appropriate, but one of my scenarios that burned a spot into my mind (and that I still own) is "Revenge of the Ant-God,"  which was inserted in Pegasus #10 many moons ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment