Wednesday, April 27, 2022

(Kickstarter) Roknaut SpaceDwarf 28mm Wargames and RPG Miniatures

I know I'm not the demographic for just about anything anymore, but some awesome concepts don't survive my initial contact. 

I had seen the early promotion of the Röknaut Space Dwarf 28mm Sci-Fi Wargames and RPG Miniatures by Chris "Curis" Webb and was immediately enamored by the project.  

Once the campaign launched on Monday, I immediately flew over to the page and got hit by a gut punch.  

They're resin figures.   I have nothing against resin, it just adds to the cost.  These five figures, with shipping from the UK, would cost about $11 per figure.  I love my Squats, Space Dwarves, and Gnomish Space Marines, but for roughly $55, I can get 25+ space dwarves from Battle Valor's sale here in the States.  True, those are not nearly as nice as the figures above, but I'm trying to fill out an order of battle for the GSM, not a super-awesome elite squad of heavies.    I must pass with reservations.


No comments:

Post a Comment