Thursday, July 7, 2022

#RPGaDay2022, Whether We Like It Or Not!

It's almost that time of year again for #RPGaDay, the time the RPG-playing community gets together and professes their love of the hobby over 31 days in August.   After eight years of people making up questions for participants to answer, or prompts/topics to discuss, year nine started with an odd question coming from the #RPGaDay Facebook page:  "Do we do #RPGaDay again this year?"

I wasn't the one creating the questions/prompts, but why the heck not?  They have been stretching the content a little thin on some days these past few years, but they also seem completely paranoid to recycle prompts.  

However, my perennial plan to reuse the original RPGaDay prompts was pushed back another year with the July 1st release of the list for  #RPGaDay2022.

It's a decent mixture of topics, some hearkening back to previous years, some requiring thought (What was the 2nd RPG I ever bought?).   I love the Anecdote Alternative option, as it's a great way to tell stories from the past year of role-playing that just don't hit the daily criteria.

PROJECT 350: #RPGaDay is a bit clumsy on the back end of my blog, with 31+ posts to set up, write, and hopefully finish early and schedule.  This interferes with my personal blogging windmill that I regularly joust: Project 350.  I simply have so many drafts, projects, dream games, holiday filler posts, and ideas that I actively try work towards getting down to a reasonable number of blog drafts and scheduled blog posts behind the scenes.  I usually mention this when I give a general project update post, or when I actually finish painting something.    

So, until the start of September, this little update will go on hiatus, pausing at 443 (293 blog drafts/150 scheduled posts) dropping from 447 (291/156) two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment