Thursday, April 6, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Ten Years Back

 I was doing some basic blog maintenance yesterday: checking mid-year page views, updating dead links to websites and pictures, when I dove deep and looked into my Gaming Year in Review for 2012.

It was a good year, with quarterly role-playing sessions, lots of fun minis games with the girls, my first deep forays into HMGS cons, and a few key purchases that I still actively use (I can safely say that every MBA piece I bought back then have provided dividends tenfold.)

The one thing I notice the post was missing?  Pictures.  So I added them.  

God knows I've griped about every revision to Blogger since day one of my blog, but ten years ago everything was a little more complicated and a little more mysterious.   There's my massive amount of historical traffic, but it sure looks better with a few linked photos that appeared on other blog posts for the year.  

And a reminder that, every once in awhile, I still get this sense of glee and wonder from my daughters when we play a game:
I've got some well-deserved time off coming up, but I might take a few moments and "modernize" the early Years in Review.  Although, just peeking at my Gaming Plans for 2013, I'm reminded I've been trying to purchase and paint Zulus for a decade.   Gotta finish off some sci-fi on the table right now and moved the Zulus back into the queue.  



No comments:

Post a Comment