Wednesday, April 19, 2023

VOTE FOR ERIC JACOBSON FOR HMGS BOARD OF DIRECTORS

So I did a thing....

After some discussions at Cold War last month, apparently I got nominated for, and I agreed, for my name to be placed on the ballot for the HMGS Board of Directors.  

If you're an HMGS member, you should have received an electronic ballot in your e-mail over the weekend.  If you're interested in having a board member who doesn't hastily liquidate the organization's surplas, rather find the proper ways to invest in meeting our mission as an organization for long-term benefits, I'm your guy.   

I also don't want to completely scrap the current convention set-up for financing multiple regional cons.  We also haven't had a non-COVID influenced Cold Wars since 2019, and that was the midst of Host/Wyndham construction.  A proper financial breakdown in front of me would decide on lowering costs/increasing promotion, or, as a last result, the diversification of the con to multiple sites to accommodate high membership areas.... all without losing money hand over fist.  





No comments:

Post a Comment