Friday, November 3, 2023

Falling Headwards Into Fall-In! 2023

By the time all the gentle blog followers are reading this, I should already be in  Lancaster for Fall-In 2023.

Over the last twenty years, Fall-In! has always been my least favorite of the HMGS Big Three conventions, and with the cancellation of Cold Wars '24, and everything else going on with my life, I may run many sessions with great fervor this weekend, but inside there's an apathy gnawing at me.  

This time, I feel more like the frog...
As has been the case for the last two years, post-COVD, my girls' AAU schedule conflicts with the con.  Despite some scheduling snafus, I don't think there will be too many conflicts, but that because of another cloud hanging over everyone's head. 

Last week, we learned that the father of Millie's teammate, Molly, died unexpectedly at his home.  He was only 44.  Matt, the dad, was a beacon of positivity and completely dedicated to anything and everything for Molly, and her twin brother, Max.    

And to be a selfish parent, he was the fun basketball dad to hang around during the game, whether our girls were on the same team, or trying to tear each other apart.

In light of this tragedy, a GoFundMe has been set up for the family, to get them through this difficult time and beyond.  I encourage anyone who enjoys my usually basketball posts with the names scrubbed off to donate what they can at this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment