Friday, November 10, 2023

Space Elves Visit Death Planet Iota

Fall-In 2023 was almost a week ago, and I'm still recovering.  Heck, I still have a suitcase of dirty laundry in the trunk of my car!    I have gotten all my gaming out, though, and I realized I only missed a few things from the swag tally.

  • A pack of Copplestone "Back of Beyond" Bolshevik Heroines
  • Six more Southern gnomes for my new Mormon unit. 
  • Two Toys for Tots dice from purchasing my raffle tickets.  
There are also two other figures that emerged from the con box:

The figure on the left is a metal figure Maja painted up during some quiet time at Hobby U.  Hopefully we'll have some time this weekend to continue to work on it.  Dad's job is only to work on the base, after everything is done. 

The second figure (and display) is a gift from true friend of the blog, Jim Stanton.  The female Eldar was a part of the Toys for Tots auction, and Jim likes to spend money in the auction.  It is beyond ridiculously fragile, as I've already reattached the sword and top of the staff with basic bubblewrap protection.  

The pair will both be new intrigues for the world of Death Planet Iota.  Whether it's Planet 28, Fistful of Lead Galactic Heroes, both, or neither remains to be seen.   I have a strong idea to have her command the (Star Wars) Imperial remnant that just arrived on Iota, and have experience with space wizards with swords and mystical powers.  Stormtroopers painted as Harlequins?  More research is needed. 

Next in the Painting Queue: Clean-Up, Basing, and Miscellany, then hopefully the Pulp Game Season 4 final project.

Project 350: Back to baseline with 477 (316/161) from 484 (320/164) prior to Fall-In!  One Gamma World session to write up, and a glut of games to run for November, before the Basketball season takes over everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment