Thursday, March 10, 2011

The "Box"

Since we've moved into the house, I've had a shoebox of random minis stowed away on a closet shelf. With an overactive toddler looking for something to do, I brought down the box and we sorted through the *primed* lead.

And yes, we washed our hands. Safety first with two under two in the house!

It was a futile effort to separate and sort the items with a little girl who wanted to play with "The no-nos!" She was even more excited when she discovered a couple Ape Shamans and a Pack Ape, so she had "Mo-Mo No-Nos" (Translation: Monkey Gnomes).

The box was largely all the Hackmaster minis I've accumulated during the great run I had buying all things Kenzer & Co. You can see the multiple packs of half-painted orcs, all the character figures and the two giant ogres. Each figure is easily 30mm, and oversized at that and the Ogre is close to 75mm!

The painted figs behind the orcs are all individual figs I've picked up from Pictors Studios over the years. And I'm not sure of the manufacturer for the troll, but that one is Maja's and it's not for sale.

Maja found some puppies (Aarnz Hounds) and had a great time. After Cold Wars I think we'll break out the painting (finally!) and I'll let Maja have a go at one of those Ogres. I can always Pine-Sol them, rinse, and repeat. I love my No-Nos!

No comments:

Post a Comment