Saturday, April 11, 2020

(Painting) Gnome Wizards, Houses, and TARDIS-Knock Offs

Working from home due to Corona-palooza continues to be a challenge.  After losing four of my staff in mid-March, I've accumulated three more employees as the company re-purposes staff.  I'm essentially in full busy season training mode, except it's all phone and instant messenger based. 

Did manage to swing into the office to check mail, prep some upgraded equipment for an existing work-from-home employee.   We're mandatory mask inside the building, even though I was the only employee on the first two floors of the building.  

I didn't make the masks go to waste as I stopped by a saloon and held up a stagecoach on the way home.  
Gaming has still been weak (some SJGames dice games, and the online game has apparently dried up), but the rust is coming off of my painting.  A set of dollar store brushes were exactly what I needed to bolster production.

First off are two more laser-cut houses produced by My Gaming Table that I pick up from the table for Dave's Baggage Train at the HMGS cons.

They're cheap, downright easy to assemble, and easy paint up, filling out a little village of Swedish style houses.

From the biggest space-takers in my painting queue to the smallest.

Labelled "The Necromancer" from Old School Miniatures Undead Gnome Kickstarter, this tiny fella might make a very sneaky gnomeling wizard for Gnome Wars.  OSM has a lot a cool stuff and thanks to the wonders of COVID is having a 20% sale. 

Final entry is a different take on  the Reaper Bones Telephone Box:


Up Next:  Actual GNOMES are in the queue, and with the Swedish buildings getting put away I have more room for assembly line painting... but they are already block painted.  Will miracles ever cease?  There's pulp stuff and terrain ready for the kids (who are officially off of "required" school until August), but for me, I just received Macrocosm's 7 Dwarfs set in the mail and they are beauts that I just can't toss onto the lead pile.  The best part is they and the other minis offered in the last Kickstarter are still available as add-ons for their newest campaign, Space Dwarf Bikers.

No comments:

Post a Comment