Monday, May 11, 2020

The Legions of Steel Pledge Manager is UP!

After a successful Kickstarter, the classic Legions of Steel line moves to the Pledge Manager to process S&H, add figures, and use up the $11 in free credit us early pledges earned. 

Those late to the party can still get in at the discounted rates.

First time using Gamefound for a pledge manager.  It certainly works, appears to be user friendly, but its wonky in some ways that mirror a project I'm working on at my job.   It should be a breeze to process my pledge, once I make my mind up, but whether it's intuitiveness or idiot-proofing, something needs a bit of polishing.
Speaking of polishing, you might want to polish some gold doubloons.  Remember, dear fans of the game, that the old figures are being cast new, in metal, from RAFM... and all prices are in Canadian dollars.... Current conversion rate is C$1.00 is worth US$0.71, so ten bucks Canadian is only costing the American folks $7.10.   I knew that this math was something I'd have to get over to order things a la carte. 

UNE Assault Troopers are C$24.00 apiece, just over US$17.00!   Only slightly bragging, but that makes the purchase Award-Winning GM Mike Lung made for me at Cold Wars 2017 a downright bargain (flea market buys usually are).

Canadian metal and craftsmanship does not come cheap. 
And those Behemoths in the back aren't cheap either! 
 I will dither around the various packages, but it looks like one or two each of the non-standard Nightmares and an extra trooper or two....


No comments:

Post a Comment