Sunday, September 2, 2018

Back to Reality

After a month of self-promotion on the role-playing front via posting about #RPGaDay, ViscountEric is proud to return to what made this blog great again... er...um...

What was that again?

Gnomes. Samoa, Painting, and lots of actual plays and after-action reports.

The good news for me is I have a bunch of non-RPG posts that were better than playing second fiddle to the daily RPG post, so this upcoming week is pretty much filled in.  And with only a month left in my odd gaming calendar, it's time to wrap up a few projects to make me feel good about myself before I look into the projects for next year.

In the short term, I'll cover four out of five things I listed above.
  • Finishing up Season 3 of the Pulp Game with the girls
  • Wrapping up Ballad of the Pigeon God, launching Lost Dispatches, and assembling actual plays for my Gulluvia (D&D) and Nevoz (Call of Cthulhu/BRP) games
  • Painting a LOT of stuff, units, miscellany, and thanks to Mantic and ACD Distributors, a lot of Terrain Crate to show everyone.  
  • Announcing (and testing) my games for Fall-In! and Mepacon in November.  
The painting continues... I'm on the edge of the area in Pennsylvania that got blasted with flooding. And despite my pump's best efforts, the very last day of the rainy season finally overwhelmed it.  No significant damage or delay, although I did take pictures of the OGRE infantry at work instead of my painting bench.

FOUR Kickstarters shipped their rewards during August. Hidden Halls of HazakorScenic Grass Tufts and FlowersPelegian Sapper, and OGRE Minis #2 all showed up.  All are excellent products... and all have been relegated to the "someday" pile, although the Scenic Grass from Huge Minis has the best chance of seeing light.

The Kickstarter swag... on the girl's princess table in the office.  You're just jealous!
That leaves me with only three outstanding Kickstarters (Bones 4 isn't included. Those are unique experience in and of themselves).  

Time to perhaps work off that want list on the blog?  

No comments:

Post a Comment