Friday, June 10, 2022

A Donsy of Gnomes

 In my journeys around the web, I uncovered this little gem.  

Gnomes come in a Donsy?   

When I do a web search the first option that comes up is A Donsy of Gnomes, a collection of seven gnome stories, appropriate for children, by Sieglinde De Francesca.

Still, the word donsy is a bit peculiar to describe a group.  There are multiple applications, most accordingly either "neat and tidy" or "ill-fated and unlucky", with an American use of sick/not completely well.   I guess groups of Gnome Wars gnomes could be considered neat and tidy, although with the events for Historicon, more than a few will end up ill-fated. 

It could be worse.  I did find a D&D reference to gnomes (and halflings) referring to groups of them as quivers... assuming giants would use them as effective missile weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment