Friday, September 29, 2023

(Painting) Shipments from China

 My youngest daughter got me to sign up to Temu, some online store based in China, in order for her to qualify for some ridiculous discounts on items she wanted.  Over a month later, 

A) Everything arrived in a timely manner.
B) Everything my daughter order is still intact, a miracle compared to the "Buy USA/Buy Local" stuff we normally shoot for.
C) The Chinese have yet to steal my credit card information (or hacked the Paypal account I used). 

As part of my side of the promotion, I got a five sets of generic, but colorful polyhedral dice, a rather poor attempt at a hollow metal d100, and these 3-D printed barrels and crates, all for $13.00.

Lake's Jetty now has some beaucoup supplies.  Perfect for a raid...
For some much needed scenery, these were worth it.   There was considerable clean-up on these (they were loose) and it took multiple coats, inks, and drybrushing to reduce the 3-D layer effect to what you see.  
Are those ledgers or tomes on the far right?

Next on the queue:  I'll start my new gaming year (Oct '23 - Sep '24) with even more little scenery pieces to clear off the table, then some Halloween-related pieces, and finally, the last project before the Pulp Game, Season 4 can kick off in Lake's Jetty.

Project 350:  As I'm doing my gaming year end-of-the-year recap tomorrow, I'll leave the update till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment