Wednesday, February 1, 2017

PETA Demands Games Workshop Remove Fur From Their Minis...

So, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals UK recently sent a letter to Games Workshop, asking the company from removing furs from its Warhammer 40K game. 


Directly from their blog:  "Indeed, nothing on the bloody battlefields of Warhammer’s conflict-ravaged universe could match the terrible reality that foxes, minks, rabbits, and other living beings experience at the hands of the fur trade. Those killed for their fur typically first endure a bleak life inside a tiny, filthy wire cage before being electrocuted, drowned, or even skinned alive. Or they may be in the wild, minding their own business, when they get caught in a horrific bone-crushing steel-jaw trap – often languishing for days before eventually dying from starvation, dehydration, or blood loss."


Obviously PETA should start a campaign to Save the Tyranids, the fluffy little critters that they are:





3 comments:

  1. Behind the ethics of PETA , but this is just silly and brings their good cause into derision ,Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I think this was one of my favourite comments on the post:

    "I agree we in real life shouldn’t wear fur. But I don’t imulate 40k, I play 40k. I don’t run around swinging a chainsword. There is nothing in 40k that is a good example of life choices."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I now have Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in my head.

      "But Daaaady, I want a chainsword!"

      Delete