Wednesday, October 17, 2018

My Untethered FLGS

Four years ago, I noticed a flyer on the wall of the local comic shop for a new game store in Wilkes-Barre.  

Fast forward four years, and the store has gone through one reorganization, served food at one of its store fronts,  and just moved to a FOURTH location a little over a month ago. 

Evolution Games has officially moved to the basement of 45 E Northampton St in downtown Wilkes-Barre.  The good news is they do have a front window for natural light.  The bad news?  If you see the tree in picture below, the window in on level with the roots of that tree. 
What would be premier storefront on the left is actually a future bakery.
On top of that, the main front door of the building is a security door with a keycode. While an arrangement with the new Bakery for regular access hasn't occurred yet, there is a back stairwell and hallway behind the building that reminds me of a scene from Saw.  I do not want to go out that way if I played in a Midnght pre-release tournament.

The whole reason they moved to such an odd location was (a) great rent and (b) tons of new space for minis, board games, and CCGS.   A few new display cases are now chock full of singles.  The shelves have new(er) books and a few more minis to tease me.  I did break down and place an order... for my wife, no less.

Of course, they've decided to move a mere two blocks from my office building....  five months before we move out to a new building in a business. Such is life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment