Saturday, October 13, 2018

The End of the Campaign Podcast

Yes, the Campaign Podcast isn't going away.  Their new Skyjacks Campaign is set to drop shortly, and it should be a hoot, but for the vast majority of the podcast's subscribers, Campaign is the the crew of the Mynock loosely using Fantasy Flight's Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG. 

And earlier this week, the last two regular episodes of that campaign were uploaded for the world to enjoy.  They weren't the best episodes, storywise (heck one was all Dear Mynocks) but they properly expressed the fun and joy that the participants felt with each recording they made. 

I honestly had avoided the entire podcast (and the WotC d20 prequel version over on One Shot) before a lull in my library made me give it a chance.  I've since gone through the catalog three times, and while I know of few tables able to the mix the experienced improv with a rules-light approach to the game, it was the deciding factor when picking up the Edge of the Empire  rulebook cheap at auction (but the dice at full price).

I'll miss Bacta, Tryst, Leenik, L'yntel, and Tamlin.  One hundred five well-editied one hour episodes (plus all the other bonus material) created a vibrant world that I would love to borrow bits from and drop my own crew of misfits and ragamuffins. 

"Make brave and heroic decisions...."

No comments:

Post a Comment