Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lords of the Playground

Twelve years ago today, I got married.  It was a day full of (allegedly) misogynistic sermons, hyperventilating wives-to-be, drunk DJs, and a rocking polka-fueled reception at Fred's Lobster Garden (which I recently discovered turned into a strip club sometime over the last dozen years).  Somewhere in the house is our photo album and CD of all the pictures.

My favorite photo that's not of my beloved and I, is this one....
Ives Run Recreation Center, Hammond Lake, Tioga, PA
It's took a bit of thinking, but I believe I've gamed with everyone in this picture.

Sage -  George's step-son, I still have his first D&D character "Dark Sage" somewhere in my office.
Wooly - My Battletech guru and Legions of Steel companion.  I wrote a little ditty about him here. 
Scott - Another life-long gaming buddy. His ode was just this past August.
George - The Best Man at my wedding, and I his at two out of his four.  From the Busty Mage in D&D to Talisman to Rifts to late night fine-tuning Khabal Ghoul and Kird Ape decks for Magic. 
Kenny -  Apples to Apples and some Murder Mysteries.... He's more a stoner than a gamer.
Don -  Don was one of my non-gaming friends throughout middle and high school, but he found one thing that piqued his interest: OGRE
G-3 -  George's son.  First to try to teach him D&D.  Definitely a learning experience I applied towards my girls.
and me... thinner, younger, and a little less awesome than I am now....

No comments:

Post a Comment