Saturday, June 12, 2021

What Paints Do I Use?

Sometimes the satire of the Tabletop Inquirer hits close to home.  


When I last organized my paints this spring, I tried to reorganize them to better reflect their usage.  With the narrow shelves packed with bottles, it make no sense to knock over other paint bottles to grab the same one time after time, after time.  

After that, I started keeping track of which paints I was actually using.  Each use, on a specific project, each day earned a tic mark.  

When this meme came out, I decided it best to tally up the results.  

For the past four weeks, I've used 34 out of 124 unique paints that I own.  Of those 34, I predominantly use.... 10 of them.
  1. Lamp Black (Americana) 
  2. White (Americana) 
  3. Bittersweet Chocolate (Americana)
  4. Ruddy Flesh (Howard Hues)
  5. True Red (Americana)
  6. Aged Metal (Ral Partha)
  7. Gold (Craftsmart)
  8. Golden Brown (Americana)
  9. Dark Yellow (Craft Smart)
  10. Suntan Flesh (Howard Hues)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have 'favourites' and also most useful paints but I still like to have a wide range to choose from. I also find myself mixing paints to get an intermediate colour.
    Obviously, black and white are very serviceable. Browns, especially reddish browns see a lot of use for painting horses and leather equipment. I have a wide range of flesh colour paints but end up combining them to create the preffered shade.
    Some favourite colours are GW Caledon Sky which is a rich medium blue, any purple, Leadbelcher Metal for metal weapons. GW keep changing paint names but I still know shades by the old names of Vomit Brown and Tentacle Pink. Pink is a nice colour but not one I use a lot. Vomit Brown was a nice rich desert colour.

    ReplyDelete