Thursday, June 3, 2021

The Mike Lung Project #80 - Space Mouslings Using Operation: Last Train

Another entry of the madness within the creative mind of Mike Lung has been a long time coming, even longer that I haven't had a chance to respond to the cool stuff he's sent over.  Don't my wife, my kids, and my boss know that professional blogging takes tremendous time and effort?

Seriously, here's the latest addition:

Recently, I’ve been playing a fun set of solo rules called Operation Last Train written by Joseph McCullough (who also wrote Frostgrave and etc). The rules are available on line. They are really simple, but have just enough detail to make the games have a lot of personality. There are a ton of missions on the Operation Last Train Facebook site. Of course, I’m using the space mouslings for this. Here are some pics of the NIBL (New Interstellar Biotic League) Rangers sent in to rescue a Mouse farming habitat overrun by a horde of Itch’ems (Irradiated Cheese Mold Monsters) that are bubbling up out of the ground via bug holes. 

This mission ended up being an almost complete success except for the unfortunate loss of Pvt Ebbs who went MIA after the initial Ranger advance was forced back by a wave of Itch’ems. In the end, 21 survivors were rescued and 44 Itch’ems were destroyed. As you can see, I finally painted up the Mouse Habitat…how do you like it? Who knows, I may have to run a small game of this at a convention.

All of us need some "serious" convention gaming, and the these Cheese Worlds would do the trick fine. 

And now I have another  game to check out.  It is a charity game, so the donation is without hesitiation, but the question remains for me, when am I going to have time to play any of these systems?


No comments:

Post a Comment